说好永远的,不知怎么就散了。最后自己想来想去竟然也搞不清当初是什么原因分开彼此的。然后,你忽然醒悟,感情原来是这么脆弱的。经得起风雨,却经不起平凡;本来风雨同舟,天晴便各自散了。也许只是赌气,也许只是因为小小的事,幻想着和好的甜蜜……没想到的是,一别竟是一辈子。
——张爱玲
It has been several months since we broke up.
我们已经分手几个月了。
Then out of the ordinary, you asked me if we could get back together.
出人意料地,你问我我们是否还能重新在一起。
I looked at you with sorrowful eyes.
我看向你悲伤的双眸。
When I suddenly felt a mix of love, longing, and confusion.
爱、渴望与困惑的情绪混杂在一起油然而生。
I began to wonder if we could still work things out.
我不知道我们是否还能继续。
I imagined multiple scenarios.
我想象很多的场景。
I could forget why we broke each other's hearts.
我也许会忘记我们当初为何要伤彼此的心。
But with all honesty, there are moments where I miss you like crazy.
但诚实地说,在某些时刻,我疯狂地思念你。
When the longing knocks on my door, I can almost hear your laughter.
我渴望你敲响我的门,好像我都能听到门外你的笑声。
As I welcome myself into the warmth of your embrace.
我想念你温暖的怀抱。
I would brush my fingers across your hair.
我的手指梳理你的头发。
Whisper every word behind your ear.
我在你的耳边低语。
I would act as if you never left.
我会表现得好像你从未离开过。
If it were that simple, I would run back to you in a heartbeat.
如果一切真的如此简单,我想马上跑向你。
But in reality, things are much more difficult.
但事实上,事情要难多了。
So I guess we can no longer go back to the way we were.
所以我想我们没办法回到以前的样子了。
Believe me, I will always love you.
相信我,我会永远爱着你。
You were a greatly significant part of my life.
你是我生命中重要的一部分。
Yet our situation is now beyond repair.
虽然我们的关系无法修复如初。
But I am also sorry for all the hurt I've caused you.
我也为我当时伤害你而抱歉。
Truth be told, I did love you.
说实话,我曾爱过你。
Yet some things are better kept far apart.
但有时保持距离也许会更美好。
I am sorry. I sincerely apologize.
对不起。我真诚地道歉。
Though I still love you, we cannot get back together.
即使我仍然爱你,但我们没办法回头了。
BGM:《月色思念》(钢琴与萧)